Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 4 January 2023

Key Sessions

As I progress with converting the gym strength into run and bike strength I’ve done my normal stumble across the best format with no real strategy. Running has taken the form of controlled treadmill hill sessions completed as increasing incline every 0.5k increasing and then pyramid back down. This type of session is done off a short harder bike Zwift session (not full gas). Overall this is a decent strength session.



 I’ve also completed an outdoor hill circuit of around 8k in length. I’m really hoping to start track run sessions in February. But I’m mindful of trying to cram too much into training. I want to maintain the gym work, which always leaves me fatigued and sore. But the soreness is much less now than the start. As long as I maintain a gym session once a week I’ll be happy. 

Anyway, into 2023 and all still controlled! Oh, and a potential 10k race on 12 Feb near Congleton. I suppose I could just do a parkrun but I kind of fancy a race with a number pinned on. I’d do this race as a below max acceleration run - so no expectations but a decent effort to gauge some fitness. 

Until next time. . . . Tumbleweed. . . 


No comments: