Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Saturday 7 January 2023

Life Stuff

I have always focused purely on racing and training when posting in this Blog. That certainly was appropriate in the first few years but recently, as virtually nobody apart from me actually reads the posts I am thinking that I should bring in more general life stuff. The reason for this is to build a more comprehensive story for me to scroll through when I am old and no longer able to swim bike run. What a horrible thought! Maybe my girls will treasure the record if my exploits when I am gone?  I know that I would have loved to have something similar from my parents. So here goes. . . Hello future me. Hello JJ and Ceebie. 

This morning I completed a Zwift group ride with NTC (local Tri Club). This was very enjoyable and fitted into my need for an easy spin after yesterday’s HIT bike/rolling hills treadmill session. I find that I need these life goals to look forward to. That means the small daily and weekly goals, as well as the longer term race season goals. It’s only 5 months until my main race goal - the Darley Moor Sprint Duathlon. This is a draft legal European AG Champs qualifier. I’m confident that I can be competitive but let’s see how it all pans out🤓. Track sessions should commence start of Feb. I’ve always liked track running; it takes me back to my youth. With the strength focus seemingly paying off I have high expectations. Let’s hope I’m not disappointed. 

Work is busy but enjoyable in a weird way. I feel very fortunate to be working for Leidos. It’s a good company and the work with the MOD suits my experience well. Working from home has been great - saved my whole domestic crumbling situation back in 2020 really. With Ceebs going to Uni in Bristol it has been a period of adjustment for me and Julie. Sometimes it’s nice to be just us. Other times it’s too empty and we miss the girls. 

But for now I am reflecting in Starbucks, thankful that things are not really too bad. But I do need the focus of training for a goal - even the I am approaching the big 60 🫣


So there we have it; a bit of training stuff, some family stuff and some domestic reflection - Note to self in 20 years🥸

No comments: