Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Saturday 19 July 2014

Ironman Race Target - Should There be One?!

With one week to go until my second Ironman I can't help but think of a race target. Unlike shorter distance triathlons, there seems to be more emphasis on certain finishing times. Some people want sub 12; others want the perceived `top standard` sub-10 hour!! Of course all these ra targets are purely personal and the best option for a target is to finish! But me being me I cannot help but have an aim. I would really really really really love to go under 10 hours. This is not an easy task for anyone. So yesterday I assessed my season so far and also completed a pacing training session as 3 x 10 miles with first rep IM effort (holding back as much as possible), second rep just ride hard, third rep repeat the IM 10 mile. I rode 28:50, 25:10, 28:10. Then run 5 miles focussing on IM pace and again holding back. I averaged 7:55 per mile pace. So from this I have come up with the following targets: Swim. 1:08 T1. 3:00 Bike. 5:18 T2. 3:00 Run. 3:25 That gives a total of 9:57. . . . . Gulp. Let's see what happens.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

all the best mate, enjoy, and go smash it up!

Sags said...

Thanks Roy I will try! Well done at IMUK! You're back in the game - happy?