Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Sunday 27 April 2014

Voyage of Discovery. . . .

That's how it feels for me with this Ironman training. After quite a big week at 16 hours I managed a more intense structured session on the turbo, followed by a run of 5 x 1 mile with 1 min RI increasing the pace each rep. The aim was to complete the efforts way above IM pace. I completed that and the numbers on the turbo were very good for me. Here is the session: Warm up. 5 x (1:15 hard, 15 sec easy). 5 min spin. 10 min over gear low cadence. 5 min spin. 3 x 2 min hard, 3 min spin. 5 min easy. Repeat to 90 min. Then straight into the run.. Now this is certainly not an Ironman session - or is it?! That as I what I mean about a voyage of discovery! Being self coached I often make my sessions up as I start the training! I am doing long slow stuff too but I will never stop some sort of effort training. My main query is whether it is productive to complete the long TT bike sessions followed by long run. This tests nutrition and gives me confidence. I just need to be careful not to run too long - in 2011 I ran 20 miles off a 3.5 hour bike and got injurred.

No comments: