Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 15 April 2014

National Duathlon Champs

Well this was the final duathlon race myself into shape event. I had felt prior to this race that the previous 3 duathlons (Dambuster, Clumber and Inter Services) had put some form into my running. It turned out to be so as my first 10k split of 36:47 was my fastest for a couple of years, though I have not really raced that much since 2011. I was happy enough with that split, as I really did hold back over the first 5k. The bike was uncomfortable, though I enjoyed the closed roads. Some of the surfaces were dire but the pot holes were well marked prior to the offending hole. My second run at 5k felt strong enough but just no speed in the legs. I got isolated with nobody in front to chase and sign of anyone behind. So maybe I felt little need to go crazy. That said I was surprised at how slow the split was at 19:50 - oops. With 2nd in my Age Group it was a successful race for me and well organised by Functional Fitness. Now it is time to get some key strength sessions completed for linger distances. A few pics from the event below, which are free instead of a goody bag - a great idea! I still ended up with a Huub T Shirt as a prize anyway.

No comments: