Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 5 February 2014

Staying Healthy. . . .

. . . . Is a challenge that I must focus on religiously! After a calf tweak a few weeks ago I rested from running and then easy back into running aiming to get back to where I was gradually rather than leaping straight back to previous mileage and intensity. That plan was scuppered when I crashed my bike in icy conditions that caught me out. A bruised hip stopped my running again. I thought I had done some serious damage but it is healing ok I think now. But I was forced into the game of gradually building back my running again. The end result now is that I am almost back to where I was in December! I feel as though January running has been a wipe out. But is this a bad thing? Maybe not! Recent sessions have indicated that my running is actually not too bad. However, I feel like I need to continue to build the endurance of the long run. I still have time. I am also completing a tempo run session, either as individual reps with short recoveries or a continuous run. The long run always feels hard for me. I think I try and go too fast. So last night I ran at 3:50 marathon pace. This felt very easy and definitely in the realm of ' I could go all day'. This, I believe, is where my long run needs to be. I can let the tempo sessions bring the pace up for race day in July. I have also treated myself to one of these I have a Giro Advantage from 2008. This updated version should be blingtastic! I have also resurrected my Podiumsport water bottle. I was surprised that they don't make these any more. I had mine in 2006 but moved to the Profile bottle for some reason. I was aiming to get a Xlab or speedfill bar mounted bottle. However, the Podiumquest bottle has 2 integral compartments and is rock solid and easy to fill on the hoof. I do have my eye on this saddle to test though It is the middle one - the Fizik Tritone. This has a decent integrated bottle/spares attachment behind the saddle. I am slightly concerned that the cut off nose will push my position backwards. Updates to follow!

No comments: