Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Saturday 15 February 2014

Key Sessions

Anyone who knows me will testify that my training is 'ad hoc' at best. This mostly due to the difficulty juggling family, work and training. But in an attempt to get some structure for 2014 (a big year hopefully) I have a loose plan. Feb sees me move into a strength phase. After 3 months of building base and volume I fell in a good place, despite some setbacks - the latest being another fall. This time I was running and somehow twisted my ankle. It now resembles a black and blue football. But I remain upbeat in the hope I can recover and not lose run fitness or momentum. I doubled the volume of training that I co.listed last year over Nov - Jan; so happy days. Now to keep focus on the next 2 months of strength work and not get carried away with the races that crop up in March. I need to approach these races with a view to staying injury free and able to train following the event! I don't want to be taking a week to recover. That means holding back - something I am not good at. Finally some motivation for me. 2011 National Middle Distance Champs. Let's see if I can get on that podium again!

No comments: