Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Monday 17 February 2014

Key Sessions - Long Turbo

So I have 5 key sessions, provided by the Canadian master coach especially for me - I am a blessed old triathlete! Session 1 is the long turbo. This is to be mixed with the club long ride that I have been doing with Newcastle Tri Club. The good thing with the long turbo is that it is measurable. At the moment I am doing 2 hours. But the session will build. Here are the details: 20 min warm up 8 min hard/8 min easy 6 min hard/6 min easy 4/4 2/2 10 min regression by starting hard and gradually easing back (I do this 10 min in 2 min segments). This sequence is repeated through. This is where the build will come with another sequence through. . ...and so on. So what is hard effort? At the moment I am hitting the hard around 225W and starting the 10 min regression at 255W. That is not exactly speedy but it is building nicely for me now. Last year I started 5 x 5 min efforts at 240W and built gradually. It is the same this year but focussing on the longer distance. More key sessions to come. Onwards and upwards. . .

6 comments:

Unknown said...

MATE, GOOD TO SEE THE BLOG STILL GOING, I WAS THINKING OF RE-STARTING MINE AND WAS JUST HAVING A LOOK THROUGH, NICE TRAINING. WHO IS YOUR COACH THEN?

Sags said...

Hi Rotated. Good to hear from you as always. Blog land is quieter nowadays but I figure when I am old(er) I can look back an relive the good times! Charles Couterier from Canada helps me. You may know him as Solar Energy on TriTalk. He helped me in 2011 too and runs an online forum. Encroached full time in Montreal. Really nice generous guy and very knowledgeable. How's your training?

Sags said...

Hi Roy. Good to hear from you as always. Blog land is quieter nowadays but I figure when I am old(er) I can look back an relive the good times! Charles Couterier from Canada helps me. You may know him as Solar Energy on TriTalk. He helped me in 2011 too and runs an online forum. Encroached full time in Montreal. Really nice generous guy and very knowledgeable. How's your training?

Unknown said...

I know Charles from the Swim Smooth course, a thoroughly top bloke!! training OK so far, similar to you lots of power based sessions on the TT at the moment - loving the feedback and quality; watching FTP rise each test is encouraging! IMUK for me this year and sub 1030.... with any luck!

Sags said...

10:30 would be fantastic and probably place you high in your cat - still 45 - 49?

Unknown said...

yep last year in 45-49. a sub 1030time should/might qual for Kona. if not use it as a recce for next year as a young boy in the 50-54 AG.