Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 25 February 2014

Frustration Creeps In. . . .

. . . . When freak accidents hamper progress. That twisted ankle - a seemingly freak accident - has stopped me running since 14 Feb. I jogged for the first time since the injury last night. Although it is not 100% I managed 30 mins total easy running plus a few relaxed strides. My run progress really has been hampered since January. With the Dambuster Duathlon less than 2 weeks away, I can honestly say that I am not ready to run sub 40 mins for 10k. Last year my 10k opening run was 37:10 - and that was not a great run. But eye on the goal! Let's not be disheartened as I can still make top run form by June for the National Middle Distance Tri Champs. The bike sessions have all been on the turbo and I have reduced distance but increased strength work. Come April I will build the long sessions on the road and start with some key IM sessions. In particular, I am looking forward to the metric IM session! Sags Out

No comments: