Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Monday 30 December 2013

Christmas Break Straining

Over Christmas the normal routine of work, family and training gets a severe bashing. It can be difficult to train and plan - luckily I rarely plan more than a week ahead and have to be very flexible to get the training required. The best options seems to be train with big volume days followed by rest days to fit in with family stuff. This seems to have worked well so far and the last 3 weeks of training amounted to: 12 hours 10 hours 10:51 (with 3 rest days) So far so good then. The long run is up to 11 miles, though I fear that I will struggle to find any speed at all when I need to! The hamstring is holding but not entirely better. Hopefully the results of the MRI will direct a course of treatment that will get rid of the pesky problem once and for all. I am still riding with Newcastle Tri Club and have completed regular rides in excess of 60 miles. In January I am going to bin the cafe stop and either run while the group eats chip buttees or ride for an extra 30 miles mins. I have also purchased some of these babies: Yep, I have moved into roller world! These should be far easier to transport to work when time is tight - no worries around with setting up the turbo which is pretty bedded in at garagville! I can Complete specific efforts on the turbo and grab spinning and recovery endurance sessions on the rollers - once I master the technique! Should be fun! More to follow. . . .

No comments: