Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Friday 20 December 2013

Achieving Consistency!

The old grey matter was chugging along yesterday and I realised that I have managed to grab 6 weeks of consistent training - building up with low intensity of course. I even have meticulous record of this training - well, sort of meticulous! I have the cycling up to a reasonable distance (max 85 Miles so far) and long run up to 10 miles. I am concerned that I am not doing any speed work but I dare not risk the injury regressing at this stage. Talking of the injury, I went to Sutton Coldfield for an MRI this week. I should get the follow up visit in Jan and find out if there is anything bad still going on in the hamstring. I still have time to get some faster running in. This delay is better too as I am now leaning towards going for a place at the World Duathlon Champs in Spain on 31 May.
Even swimming is going ok, off very little pool time. I completed the Swim Smooth CSS test and managed a 400m in 6:06 and 200m in 3:00. Happy enough with that! If I an build endurance and hold this technique I am hopeful of a 1:05 I'M swim at the Outlaw in July. Received an email from old pal Roy Brunning the other day. He has suffered badly from injury over the last few years but he is back training for IMUK. Go Roy; good to have you back.

No comments: