Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Saturday 7 December 2013

3 Weeks In. . . .

I say 3 weeks in meaning into Outlaw Iron Distance training. My head is focused on this race but I seem to be forgetting that I have an aim to compete at the World Du Champs or the ETU LD Du Champs that will be held in conjunction with the Dutch Powerman event
The ETU event actually suits better as it is earlier than the Worlds and longer. It could be good prep for the Outlaw. It will be held on 13 April 14, which is the same day as the National Du Champs - not great planning but there you go; can't have everything. The niggling hamstring/glute injury is healing slowly and I am still having treatment. But I am getting plenty of low intensity training as base work. Today`s long bike with Newcastle Tri Club was not really low intensity though. At 85 miles the distance alone makes it tough. In these group rides you sort of have to go with the flow and there is no way I could keep a lower intensity and remain in the group. It is a trade off and I know that I would struggle to ride that long on my own. On the plus side I trialled some new nutrition today in the form of home made rice cakes. I had been feeling jaded towards the end of long rides and I wanted to try this recipe. So an extra 20 miles with a lot more food and drink seemed to do the trick. Still going well at 70 miles though at 80 I started to feel the distance - that is probably my just conditioning. So the secret recipe may well form the fuel for the Outlaw 8-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

MATE GOOD TO SEE YOU AND THE BLOG STILL GOING! DROP ME A LLINE ON MY EMAIL AND LET ME KNOW HOW THINGS ARE WITHT HE INJURY RACING ETC.. I AM BACK AND GOING FOR IMUK NEXT YEAR!

Sags said...

Back healthy Royster? Good to see you back bud. Blog on!