Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Monday 13 June 2011

TT 'Tastic!!


A good couple of weeks of training now completed! Happy with the progress at the moment and looking forward to some longer races. After Odiham I bagged some big days on swim, bike and run. This culminated with a full on 50 Mile Open TT on the F1 course Sunday morning. The route is basically up and down between Sandy and Buckden. This is the same course that I did my last 50 Mile TT on a few weeks ago. That ride was done in 2:01:43. yesterday, I managed a new PB of 1:59:23!! Yeehaa. It has been a long time goal of mine to break 2 hours for 50 miles and I am a happy chap! I even ran for an hour off the bike and managed a decent pace too. Sub 2 hours looked to be unmanageable as I went through the first 25 miles in 59:57. The Southerly wind was rising steadily and by the time I turned for home with about 12 miles to ride, the wind felt very strong. That last 26 odd minutes seemed to last forever. Actually managing a negative split was very pleasing.

I don’t plan on easing down for the Dambuster Standard Distance Triathlon this weekend but I have some domestic stuff to take care of that may mean some lost training. Either way, I will be happy to just race on Saturday (please, please let the weather be warm and dry!) and focus on 3 July 11, when I will race the Cowman Middle Distance Tri.

Off to stretch my Achilles!

2 comments:

Daz Sharpe said...

a fine result there mate and a run afterwards!! sounds like your as mad as me ;-)

Sags said...

Yep!