Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 21 June 2011

Dambuster Tri 2011


I was waiting to get some pics from the Dambuster Tri before I posted a race report. Not many pics to choose from but there were a couple.
Anyway, to the race.
The Dambuster was never a goal for me but that doesn’t mean I didn’t push hard! There was no easing down prior to the race and certainly no rest after the event – a 4 hour bike completed the day after!
The swim was better for me. True, the time was not great but I am starting to feel better in the open water. The open water training is starting to pay off and I really should be under 23 mins for a 1500m swim. Let’s see how it goes over 1900m at the Cowman in a couple of weeks (I will be easing up for that race!)
The bike was ok(ish). I was being blown all over the place, as were most people. Where I normally go crazy no matter what – descents, corners etc – I eased right back for this race. I just couldn’t take any risks. Hence the bike was quite slow. Nevertheless, I felt strong.
I hit the run and cruised the first mile or so to the Dam. Then I tried to pick up the pace. I felt strong throughout and came home in 34:40. This is by far the fastest Dambuster run for me and was actually the fastest run in my Age Group. Happy with that!
I finished 6th in my Cat, which is kind of cool for the National Champs. But the National Middle distance Champs is more of an aim for me. With under 2 weeks left before that race, this Sunday I will finish a 3 week block of training consisting of over 50 hours of training. Then it’s ease up and see if I can make the top 3 at the Cowman!

1 comment:

Daz Sharpe said...

Its all about the bigger picture mate, these oly and sprint things are just training races.