Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Thursday 5 May 2011

Next Race

A week on from the Inter-Services Duathlon and recovery has been far better than the previous two races. I managed to complete a 4 hour easy bike on ‘The Wedding day’ 29 April and a hard brick as 30 mile bike/1 hour run on Sunday. I missed the evening club 10 mile TT yesterday but managed to throw in some TT style efforts during my ride home from work. Add to that a couple of swim sessions that were distinctly average, it has not been a bad week. Today was a swim and a long run.

On Sunday I have a 30 mile TT on the F1 course (that’s the A1 between Biggleswade North roundabout and Buckden roundabout). So if you are on the A1 from 0745 on Sunday, give me a wave. Alternatively, ride just in front of me at about 28mph – much appreciated!

This Wed sees the first of the RAF Triathlon Sprint Tri Events. This will be a 400m swim, 18k(ish) bike, 5k(ish) run. These are good events for a full on training session. Unlike last year, I will be letting loose on the run leg. My tip to do well here is Mal Rose.

Below are some vintage pictures from 2008. These pictures are of our former RAF Triathlon President, Chris Moran, who sadly died at last years’ event. I am sure that one year on, we will all have Chris and his family in our thoughts – gone but not forgotten.




The next pic is vintage Inter-Services Team from 2005. Where are some of these guys now?!

3 comments:

Turbo Man said...

Good luck in your TT buddy.

Some nice pictures too, even managed to spot myself peeping through from the rear rank!

Sags said...

Winning team, I believe chap. back in the days when you were running and not cross fitting!

jc said...

Not many of those around anymore mate!