Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Friday 27 May 2011

Beaver TriFest


This weekend sees the Beaver TriFest splashing along at Belvoir Castle, near Grantham. There are heaps of RAF Triathletes racing and there are 3 distances to choose from: Middle Distance on the Saturday, Standard Distance and Sprint Distance on the Sunday. The Sprint Distance race is doubling as the national Age Group Champs. So there will be some top notch competition.



The weather forecast is not so great but maybe better than last year when it rained for the entire bike leg when I did the middle distance race.

This year, for 2 reasons, I am doing the sprint race. Firstly, it’s the National Champs and that will be fun. Secondly, I just cannot recover quickly from a middle distance race and I do not want to miss out on some essential long distance training during the early weeks of June. The sprint distance is really too short for me and my bike form is not that great over a short blast. So it is a good training race, although the race does coincide with the end of an easy week for me – who knows, maybe the fast guys in my age group will stay away!!

1 comment:

Turbo Man said...

Good luck buddy. As for the weather, it looks like you will get very wet on one day, and blown all over the place on the other. If I was choosing, I would prefer wet!