Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Sunday 3 April 2011

Plan B


With the Inter-Services Duathlon coming up I just had to find out how the Army were doing their brick sessions! Interesting?



My foot is still giving grief. Hence the happyometer is reading very low at the moment. To combat this I have resorted to Plan B. This is basically see how far I can push it in training and monitor the foot. It started with resumimg commuting on the bike. First ride home included an impromptu motor pacing effort. A moped overtook me and I managed to get in the wheel. What a great feeling. Trouble is the moped dude had no idea what I was doing and started weaving all over the road. To prevent a traffic incidence I backed off. That little episode pretty much blew my legs apart. I am clearly not in great bike shape - hardly surprising. The foot was no worse for the ride but I continue with icing and all that stuff.

Yesterday I did a tasty brick session. the foot was, again, no worse - or no better, depending on how you look at it! But at least I ran for the first time in 2 weeks. Enjoyed the session:

20 min warm up

2 min 260W
2 min 240W
2 min 280W
2 min 260W

Run 1k at 4:00 min per k pace
EZ run back 1k

Repeat with the same bike format but increase run pace by 10 sec per k. So next run was 3:50 per k. Finished with 3:26 per k average on the last rep.

Not sure how the foot will be tomorrow?

Waiting game.

Train well!

2 comments:

Daz Sharpe said...

like I said in my text mate, go steady, there is no hurry its only early in the season yet.

Turbo Man said...

'Waiting Game' you say? I'm struggling to see where you are waiting. Take it easy buddy, you don't want to write off another season.