Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 17 August 2010

Cambridge Triathlon

Result: 10th Overall in 2:10:06. 1st in Age Group I (Old Cronies!)

A decent race really, especially as I didn't ease down from a pretty big training week.

The swim went well for me! I was 6th out of the water in my wave of 70 swimmers. All I can assume is that there were plenty of slow swimmers! I kept expecting to be swum over but it just didn't happen! Check out the smile as I exited the water - most unusual for me!

My T1 was poor and I just messed around really! However, the bike went ok. The wind was strong this year and that kept the bike splits down. I was recorded at 1:04:33. That includes T2 tough. This was ranked 10th fastest bike, which was ok.

As soon s I started running I felt good and despite the rather soft going under foot (farm tracks)I was 2 mins quicker than my last Cambridge Tri run and 4th fastest of the day.

Overal, very content! All seems to be going well for the Vitruvian on 4th Sep. I have carried on training straight through following the race at Cambridge, with some big days. Swimming was going really well today and I really hope I can get a decent swim at Rutland water. I have yet to swim well there - only been competing there for 5 years too!!

6 comments:

Turbo Man said...

Excellent result Sags, very well done.

Just remember that programmed rest is training too. Better to be 5% under-trained than 2% over-trained.

Daz Sharpe said...

top result mate, well done. Vets prize at the Vit for you I reckon ;-)

Cavegirl said...

Well raced off a big week. Now you are talking about training through? Need some recovery in there buddy or you'll blow before the Vit; nothing you do now in terms of extra training will improve your Vit performance but it could slow you down. You need some rest and recovery to allow your body to perform at its peak.

Turbo Man said...

that 1615 guy cracks me up - very funny!

Sags said...

Yeah 1615 is a real funny guy. The way he strings his words together has me in stitches!

Cavegirl said...

1615 is just telling you to REST that script is working it's way into your subconsious!