Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Monday 15 June 2009

Quick Update

A quick post as time is slipping by again.

The Club TT got washed out last Wednesday. The road was like a river. However, as I had ridden out to do the TT, I was going to race no matter what! Hence only 2 of us completed the course. I clocked 24:11. Against a pb of 23:37 on this course, that is actually not bad considering the conditions. I then rode home. . . . very wet.

On Thursday I got up early and went to join the Cambridge Tri Club swim session. This was the first proper swim session that I had completed since. . . . er. . . . can’t remember. It actually went ok. I obviously need the structure of a set session with lots of people around me. If I am on my own I just seem to bimble around. Trouble is, it costs mega bucks to do these sessions. I may have to just do a session every now and then.

I was pretty pooped after the TT Wed, followed by the swim early Thursday so I didn’t do any other training that day. Friday was an easy spin and an open water swim, again, at Cambridge. That went ok too! What’s going on here? Swimming ok is just so not me!! Sat was another easy spin. I had hoped to get out with St Ives for the long ride on Sunday but it just didn’t happen. So, I ended up on the turbo for an hour and a half. I won’t go into the session but after speaking to the RAF Cycling Head Coach, Dave Green, I am doing things all wrong! He is a very knowledgeable guy and extremely helpful. So, I will try out a few tips he gave me and see if I can get some faster TT clocking over the coming weeks.

I am off to Headley Court next week for an assessment on my Achilles. So can’t wait to get that sorted!

As an aside, what do you folks think of this bike:

2 comments:

Mat Stephenson said...

good luck at Headley. Think i'll be off there again soon :-@( for the same!

Turbo Man said...

"Say that's a nice bike!"