Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Monday 22 June 2009

I Didn't Dip Under the Hour. . .




. . . I smashed the hour with a 55:49 clocking!!




Still in shock after that 25 mile TT on Saturday. My previous best was from last year at 1:00:07. The course I rode on Saturday is a known fast TT site; however, that’s over 4 minutes off my best on another known fast course (F1/25). I never thought that I could ride a TT at this speed and I am well chuffed. There is a slight tinge of annoyance because I feel that if I could throw in a bike split like that in a triathlon I could be competitive within my age group. Still, that’s the way it is just now and I am happy enough. I can’t thank Dave Green, from RAF cycling, enough. His advice on warming up and how to pace a TT has revolutionised how I ride my bike in a TT. If I ever get healthy and return to running I seriously hope that I can apply the methodology to a Triathlon bike leg. The ride was actually interrupted at the turn, as I had to slow up behind a horse trailer and then wait at the roundabout. Difficult to say how much time was lost but others probably had their problems too.

The big RAF event last weekend was the RAF Standard Distance Champs, held in conjunction with The Dambuster Triathlon at Rutland Water. Well done to Westy and Bev who were victorious. Some good performances on the day but I sure wish I could have raced!! I will stop blarting on about my lack of racing now!!
For you bike geeks out there, there is a bike development brewing in my garage. More details soon, when the final unveiling will be public! Some people already know but some mysterious mutterings are always fun! Can’t wait to see if Turbo Dude gets a Parlee. Those machines are seriously light. If he keeps getting thinner and gets a Parlee, he will be floating up the hills!

2 comments:

Turbo Man said...

You are a Cycling God! Fantastic time buddy and worht all those hard bike sessions over the winter.

Who needs swimming? Who needs running? Who needs triathlon? Step across from the dark side into the light that is cycling. After all, you're not getting any younger! :-)

in2triathlon said...

Awesome. Now get fit again and the tri world is your lobster! Neill