Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Thursday 18 December 2008

Do we Really Need Skin?

Training update: Completed conditioning session on Monday with Paul Fullalove. I enjoyed this session and it was nice to have company. I substituted tabata intervals after the squats for low cadence hill simulations on the turbo. This meant that the session was not quite as intense! With a cross country race on Wednesday ahead of me I didn't want to burn myself out . . . again! That said, I was very stiff and sore on Tuesday. Come Wednesday's cross country race I did not feel that much better. However, I have accepted that I will be arriving at the cross country races tired; hence I do not expect any great performances.




I ran with Nige Porter (fellow RAF Triathlete) for much of the race. Nige's running has improved immensely and he was going well on the hills. On the 3rd lap of 3 I put a dig in to try and catch Clive Wintrip ahead of me. By doing this I managed to drop Nige, but it won't be long before he is leaving me behind. I did catch Clive just before the finish line but I had to work for it!



When I had finished I felt a stinging sensation on my heel. Mmmmm, I thought. i may have a little blister there. Upon looking down, this is what I saw. . . .


So bloggers, do we really need skin?!

I managed to get my bike shoes on today but will I be able to run tomorrow?


I have my 5th swim session at swimshack on Monday. I am looking forward to this as my drills have been going really well. The anticipation of getting faster in the H2O is something that I have not really experienced before. Full report to follow.

2 comments:

Turbo Man said...

Ooooyah! That looks like a sore one.

Sags said...

Turbo Man back in Blog Land!!!! Welcome dude! Is your blog available to you now?