Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Thursday 11 December 2008

Blog Layout and Other Stuff

Does anyone know how I can embed a pdf file so bloggers can read it from my Blog? I am trying to create a link to Triangles, which is in PDF format. Try as I might I cannot sort this out. It seems that everything is web based.

So how is training going for me? I am feeling better but my training is indicating that I am not yet back to full strength. I completed my conditioning session last Tuesday and the turbo tabata intervals were much harder than pre-illness. I have some 6 min turbo efforts scheduled for tomorrow, so let's see if the strength is back! I have been building the effort intensity back slowly so I am hopeful of feeling 100% soon.


I managed to test my Endura lobster gloves out last Sunday on the Club ride. they were great. It was seriously cold with ice and frost everywhere. We still had a group of 18 heading out at 0900 on Sunday morning. Unfortunately, a couple of guys crashed on ice. The weather was warming up and that can make you think that all is ok. However, the shady parts on the road can hide some ice......wham! Down they went. They were ok but there was some bike damage - a broken rear mech meant that there had to be some chain shortening to create a single speed bike. I so hope that the roads are in a less slippy condition this Sunday!
Swimming is going very well. The balance drills feel very natural now and full stroke swimming feels smooooooooth! All I need to do is work on the swim fitness whilst not falling back into bad habits!! Easier said than done!!

1 comment:

Mark "Frank" Whittle said...

Sometimes it takes a while to get back to full health/strength, don't rush it, it's not the right time of year to be worrying about it too much.

Train smart!