Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Saturday 17 June 2023

Re-Grouping

Hello whom ever reads this - probably future me✊. So I have had my British Triathlon qualification confirmation email for the 2024 European Sprint Duathlon Champs. So it’s all official now. Still no idea when the race will happen or where it will be. That’s quite frustrating. Odds on I won’t actually make the event but it is tempting to have a bash as it will be my best chance of getting a decent international race placing as I’m moving up to the 60-64 Age Group.  Time will tell. . . 

Since the Darley Moor race I decided to reset and nit try and race hard more and more. The danger of injury is always at the back of my mind. So I’ve reduced the bike run intensity and increased the strength and conditioning. The aim is to complete a mini cycle of conditioning and then being back the run track sessions and the bike tune up work. The goal is to have another good Duathlon race at the Oulton Park Duathlon on 1 October. This is another race circuit traffic free course.  Should be fun. I’m just not sure whether to do the draft legal sprint or the draft free standard race. Updates to follow. 

Training updates to come too ✊ Some pics from a sunny cake ride and run drills and strides session😎









View this email in your browser
Dear Mark Saggers,
 
Congratulations On Qualifying For The 2024 European Sprint Distance Duathlon Championship!
 
This email contains the most up to date details which we have confirmed at this time, we will contact you with further instructions when we need you to do the next step. Please have a thorough read through and also ensure your email address remains up to date within your Home Nation membership account for us to contact you. 

Team Manager – Rosemary Hayward
Race Date – TBC
Race Location - TBC
Race Website – TBC

No comments: