Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 28 June 2023

Looking Ahead - 2024



 It’s only the end of June 23 but my mind is already looking ahead to 2024. Having been in decent shape, running and cycling well, with sustained conditioning work seemingly being the key, I want to make the most of moving up an age group next year.  Hopefully, I can maintain the same level that I’ve achieved during 2023. The winter will certainly take the same structure as last year, with the progressive strength work underpinning the subsequent work to get some race form and speed. 

This year, the focus was being in peak shape for the European Duathlon qualifier at Darley Moor at the end of May. Next year I will need to be in race peak shape around March to be competitive for the English Duathlon Champs, which are normally late March - yak, too cold 🥶. Also, having qualified for the European Duathlon Championships I may actually race there too. But no idea where they will be. The venue may price me out of travelling. Hence, I will just focus on the domestic champs. Either way, I’ll need to be ramping up the training intensity from January 24 - dark gloomy mid-winter is difficult to actually get the right intensity. But we’ll see how that develops. Could do with a winter warm weather training camp 😎. Not much chance of that. 

So key for me now is to keep the conditioning ticking over so I’m not starting from scratch. Today showed I’m still in a good place with the gym work. 

Not sure how well my biking is doing but I can normally get in shape pretty quickly. I’ll gauge how I’m going with 3 progressive Duathlon events:

20 Aug 23. Manchester Airport Duathlon. 4.2/35/2.8

17 Sep 23. Darley Moor Sprint Duathlon. 4.8/20/2.8

1 Oct 23. Oulton Park Sprint Duathlon. 4.3/21/2.3

These races are really just enjoyment and to keep my legs familiar with the Duathlon race effort. Oulton Park is draft legal too; so good experience. I aim to return to track sessions mid-July 23. 

Almost a plan! 



No comments: