Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Saturday 11 February 2023

Early Race Tester

 So tomorrow 12 Feb 23 I will pin a number on for the first time in ages. This time it’s a pure run race over 10k in the Congleton Baollay Bypass 10K. The indications had been good (I think) after a couple of track sessions and that good few months conditioning focus. I still hope for a sub-40 min time but at the back of my mind I’m concerned that the past week has been rather chaotic. Training volume and intensity has been low but I’m not feeling fresh because I’ve e travelled with work and out in some 10 hour days that have been mixed with late nights. Not ideal and the head is already playing tricks KN me making me feel I’m in bad shape and all the building form has been derailed 🫣. I’ve had this time and time again over the years I’ve been competing but it never seems to feel any different. 

Let’s see how it goes tomorrow. First race of the year should be no expectations but I still want to back up the feelings I’ve had that the conditioning has given me a great edge to perform well this year. 

Race report tomorrow then. . . 

No comments: