Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Saturday 25 February 2023

Another Run Race Inbound

 A week to go until the next ‘training’ run race. This time it’s the Cheadle 5 miler. Not done this race before but having lives in Cheadle previously I know the route well. It’s potentially a fast course but by no means flat. But I’m looking forward to it as the running continues to feel good and definitely on an upward trend if the track session last Wednesday is anything to go by. 


The session was 15 x 400 with just 30 sec recovery. This was a real test of pacing and good to judge where the 5k run form could be. I’d figured if an 18 min 5k was around 1:27 per 400m that would be a good target. This equates to around 3:37 per k pace. As normal I held back the first couple of reps to get in the groove. This works for me and it’s the same in races; start easier and increase the pace. The next 13 reps were very consistent around 1:24. So well above 18 min 5k pace. I felt good entire session which is great to feel. I now wonder could I actually break 18 min for 5k? 🤔. That would be as fast as I’ve ran for 10 years. Well let’s see how thanks go. I’ll aim for a parkrun blast around April I think. But the 5 mile race next week should be a good indicator if form. 

I’m still trying to maintain the conditioning sessions but finding it hard now I’m upping the bike/run intensity. But I must hit the gym at least once a week to keep the strength I think I’ve built over the least 6 months. 

Onwards and upwards. . . 

No comments: