Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Sunday 5 April 2020

Zwift -Haute Route Tour

So it’s nearly 2 weeks since I was lucky enough to get a smart turbo trainer - the Elite Direto. It’s been a revelation for me. I’ve ridden every day and it feels like it is already taking my bike training to a different level. I’ve quickly become sort of proficient with Zwift. The weight per kilo measure is everything and I kind of have an idea of my limits. NTC have a virtual 10 mile TT series running on Zwift and I raced my first event last Thursday. With a 24:09 clocking I have the fastest time so far. But I need to race 5 events from the series of 8. The target this week will be sub-24. But only if I recover from the last 3 days! I joined 1000s of other virtual riders to ride the Haute Route tour. Over 3 days we covered all the major climbs in the Zwift worlds. Alp Du Zwift was the longest and it was a grind of 56 min exactly. The first stage was tough and I was fatigued from the previous days’ TT. But I eased into the event ok. I felt stronger the next day and opened up over the last 4K of the Alp to finish with a decent 3.7W/kg over the whole ride. The final stage today, however, was a real Sufferfest. My legs were shit from the start. So I had to pace the ride, which was the longest of the event at 72k. Glad to have survived this as I was feeling very Riley by the end. But a great experience and I hope to make some improvements and nail the TT on Thursday 🚴‍♀️. I need to get some running in this week too!

No comments: