Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Sunday 12 April 2020

Unexpected Addition to the Bike Vault!

A chance for sale advert on the NTC fb page has my brain ticking over. Yes, I ended up buying this Boardman Team Alu bike from a club member last week. I had been struggling with various problems on my Holdsworth bike and, to be honest, it’s never been solid, with issue after issue. So with the purchase of the Zwift package and smart trainer I had been using my Evo2max aero bike for all turbo sessions (apart from the TT efforts where I used my TT bike).
This Boardman bike really is in mint condition. And the 52cm frame allows me to get an aggressive position. So a real bargain. To make the bike ‘mine’ I managed to pick up a Le Tour Selle Italia saddle from wiggle and wrapped some yellow bar tape too.
I like the compact chain set on this bike too as the 34 tooth inner ring allows you to attack the steepest of climbs. So I’m all set on Zwift and ready to get some miles in 🚵🏼‍♀️😎. Last Thursday I switched to the TT bike to ride my second NTC virtual 10 mile TT. I clocked 24:23 which was slightly slower than the 24:09 last week. But this week the course was Yorkshire and was lumpy over 4 laps. I just couldn’t get a smooth effort and found myself continually blowing up and recovering - sort of! All good training though. My legs still don’t feel fresh and I remain hopeful that I will adapt to the extra training and pull out a better TT.

No comments: