Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Sunday 31 March 2019

New Job and Training

After almost 2 years since leaving the RAF I started what I see as my second career job on 4 March 19. The last 2 years have been torrid - an honest assessment. My racing and training have been hit hard and I have hardly raced. Training had been sporadic through 2017 and 2018. However, since moving to Newcastle Under Lyme in August 18 I have found consistency again. hence I find myself in decent shape. Starting this new job, however, has thrown the equilibrium somewhat, which is only to be expected. That said, I still have a degree of consistency; I just need to get used to the new routine. This routing includes quite a bit of travelling; so I need to be creative with training and focus on key sessions and proper rest. To assist with the logistics of work, training, commuting and racing it is crucial to get the 'Vanny Van' back into the mix! I successfully used Japanese import vans to enable camping, storage and training. When I moved to Saudi in 2015, the Nissan Elgrand was sold. Since returning to the UK, I was back to using a 'normal' car! So, the next 'Vanny Van' is on order and should be arriving mid-May 19: So what of training? Some decent key sessions have been completed, with a couple of longer bike sessions. I have a 25 mile TT on 21 Apr 19 and I desperately need more time on the TT bike! I completed an hour on this bike yesterday as 2 x threshold efforts. The position didn't feel too bad but an hour full gas over 25 miles is a different matter. I have no idea how I will go but my time is likely to be over 60 mins 8-( Not good but I'll treat it as a training session. I ran off the bike yesterday too and was going ok, completing some threshold efforts over 0.85k with 1:30 RI at 3:40 ish per/k pace. I think that I will race well over the sprint distance and I'll just focus on this type of racing this year whilst I bed into the new job. Onwards and upwards. . . .

No comments: