Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Monday 25 February 2019

Manchester Airport Duathlon

Today I completed my first race of 2019, the Manchester Airport Duathlon. This is a GoTri event aimed at introducing people to mulrisport racing. Hence the set up was pretty low key, which was quite enjoyable. Although a short event at 2.5k/17k/2.5k, the intensity level made it a hard effort! The result was 4th place overall. Quite happy with this result; not because of the position (it was a low key event) but more because I felt strong throughout. A couple of aspects to note, however, are worth considering. My glute/hamstring issue in my left leg tightened up quite significantly. Also, although I felt strong on the second run, I kind of hit terminal velocity without maxing out on my aerobic capacity. So when I crossed the finish line I felt as though I could have continued but not increase the pace. Is this lack of speed work or just age! Not sure. At 54 years old I am going to be more suited to longer distance races. Finding the balance between speed and endurance is key. But it is vital to maintain short hard efforts as I age. Next race? Not sure! I'll look at what's on but the National Middle Distance champs is tempting..... 2 June.... Mmmmmm

No comments: