Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Friday 20 July 2018

A Muliti-sport Race Completed!

Well, after far too long I completed a multi-sport race yesterday evening. The Crazylegsevents.com race team held an evening sprint Duathlon series during the summer months. Yesterday was the 3rd and last iteration - I had been injured and ill during the previous 2 races. With some recent training sessions showing signs of some sort of fitness I entered and raced. I cycled to the race (17 miles) steady and then raced, the format being 2.5k/10k/2.5. The course was basically circuits around the Darley Moor motor race track. This was great fun but by no means easy! I held back slightly as the first run commenced. Sure enough the over enthusiastic starters soon came back to me and I finished the first run in 8:52 and in the first 10. This was pleasing and I was happy to still be able to run at his pace. I was on my Evo road bike, which is aero, but I missed the aero-tuck position and really did feel exposed in the wind. I had a decent bike split, averaging nearly 38kph. This was ok with the sharp bends. I basically spent the ride going into the red and then recovering! Not the best method but good fun! I actually caught a couple of TT bikes, which was enjoyable. As I started the second run, The legs were ok - very surprising after the short full-on blast on the bike! maybe the conditioning gym work really does pay off. I caught another guy and ended up finishing 6th overall. All in all I am happy. I certainly think I am in good enough condition to build for a longer event. Some great pics from the race below.

No comments: