Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Saturday 15 September 2018

Moves and More Moves!

In terms of the racing season, 2018 is virtually over. For me, it's over before it ever started! So that is no real racing since 2016 - a 2-year period of stress and chaos! I thought that the last blog post would be the start of a few race reports. But no way! Finally, my start date for my post-RAF career in Saudi is firming up. Around 27 Sep 18 I will depart for Dhahran. After the last race a Darley Moor we booked a last minute holiday to Annecy in the French Alps. Thinking that I would be departing for KSA early August, this holiday would be sad and also happy, as Annecy is a great place to be - especially when the Tour De France is happening! Cut a long story short, we got back from the holiday and my Mum died and we also decided to move house prior to my departure. So the delay in departing was a saving grace in the end. The move and Mum's funeral arrangements enforced a training break of about 10 days. Then training kicked back gradually. Cycling has been mostly on the rollers, which has been an adventure in itself! Really enjoying the rollers actually. There has not been much effort in training but that doesn't really matter. Running has been mostly off the bike, again with no real effort. Swimming has been non-existant until this week. I am suitably slow but enjoying the water. Ready for the new training environment I have treated myself to some new bike shoes. The Bont Riot Triathlon + shoe: First impressions are good and the fit is great. The entry system is simple, which suits me. I also purchased a couple of dull looking DHB ultra thin base layer tops. These are great for running in the Saudi heat: Some Annecy pics:

No comments: