Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 27 December 2017

Conditioning Paying Off?

It's been over 4 months since I started conditioning sessions in earnest. The progress has been steady and almost stealthy! I am now nearing the point where I am approaching 90% of bodyweight for cleans. This is significant for a a triathlete of... Senior years! I really feel the need to maintain the strength work as the old age threat looms! Yesterday completed a 2 hour hilly ride. That's nothing significant but I have not ridden over an hour for some time and most rides have been spins to work. My health has not been great so I have kept the effort low but consistently maintained conditioning. The conditioning sessions are always preceded by a turbo set of 40 - 45 mins consisting of various efforts to 105% of ftp. I then mix treadmill 1k tempo runs with the weights and core exercises. So a session looks something like thus: Turbo efforts Run to gym Conditioning as: Squats/cleans Box jumps Treadmill 1k Core Upper body press exercise Repeat This is a great session that has the specificity of bike and run, but focuses on strength using mumti-joint exercises that are dynamic. I may hit my peak at age 60.

No comments: