Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Monday 2 October 2017

Consistency, Late Season Race Reversal and 2018

Despite my intentions to grab a couple of late season duathlons, I have decided not to race this year. There are simply too many stresses surrounding y domestic situation and I do not want to rave full-bore and end up injured. I know that I would race to the max and not just cruise around. However, I have been training consistently over the last 3 months. The volume has been low but that does not matter at the moment. Presently I am focusing on strength and conditioning. When I returned to this type of training I was shocked at how weak I had become. I think that my age certainly means that strength and conditioning work must be maintained consistently. I am completing a routine that is built around my old favourites of 20 rep squats and 20 rep deadlifts. Other elements are core, plyometric movements such as bench jumps and TRX squat-jumps. I have an ambition to compete at the Outlaw Iron distance in 2018. Not sure if I will make the start line due to my work situation but it would be nice to race again. I even have the Outlaw training jersey:
2018 will be my last year in the 50 - 54 age group and I hope to hit 2019 as a young 55 year old who can still go for a low 10hr Ironman.

No comments: