Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Monday 21 August 2017

New Addition

After a 2-month wait the latest steed has arrived:
This is the Evo2max Nebula R9 - funky name huh?! It really is a dream of a bike. It's extremely aero and very smooth. The power transfer is awesome, especially when the hills appear and you get out of the saddle. The aero wheels purr along too and this bike will eat up a rolling course. I have some training wheels to put on it but these kind of spoil the aero effect:
Nevertheless, I have learnt by bitter experience that the carbon aero wheels need to be saved for the serious racing most of the time - 2007 sportif crash wrecked my Corima carbon wheels. This bike will be great for those technical and hilly courses. Until I can do it justice, I will get some dry miles in and enjoy the riding. The saddle will have to be changed as the middle cut-out style of perch just does not suit my behind! I have sourced a vintage San Marco Triathgel saddle on Ebay and that arrives soon. Why do all the decent bits of kit get binned by the manufacturers?!

1 comment:

Mat Stephenson said...

lovely looking bike Saggs but i'm guessing our winter rides wont see that