Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Thursday 29 May 2014

RAF Cosford Sprint Tri

Yesterday was the RAF Cosford Sprint Tri.
This was always going to be a training race for me. Completing the race on its own seemed a waste of training time when viewed amongst my goal of Long Distance this year.So as with the time trial event a couple of weeks ago I added some bike mileage with the race sandwiched in the middle. With no result expectation I rode from Stafford to register. Feeling rather tired from the previous hilly ride the previous day I prodded through a deluge of rain. This was the order of the day with the worst downpour during the bike leg. I managed to secure an early start so I could get back on the road after the race. Hence the swim ended up being a start stop affair and my official split was very slow. I wasn't too fussed and gingerly tip toed through transition to my training bike racked complete with mud guards and lights. I even put a jacket on as I didn't want to catch a chill. I was glad I did as I ended up slowing down so many times to avoid potential accidents, bad road surface and hidden pot holes. But it ended up being a decent fartleck session - though I was way off the pace of the leaders. The run felt great and I was bounding along. It was unfortunate that I went the wrong way at the very end - doh! However, when I realised my mistake I stopped and walked in to the finish. To be honest, I reckon my actual run split was unaffected by the detour. So happy with the run and not too far off the fast boys who train for this shorter stuff. As May draws to a close I have completed over 60 hours of training during the month - my highest volume ever. But is it the right kind of training? All will become clear at The Grafman National Middle Distance Champs on 8 June. Itching to race hard over longer distance now.

No comments: