Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Saturday 24 May 2014

Big Training Block

Well since my last post I have completed a big training block. My chaotic life means that I can rarely plan much detail into my training. So when I say a big block I mean that I get big key sessions in and build some fatigue until I feel that I am getting too close to over training - technical huh?! But this works for me and I have bagged 3 weeks at over 16 hours each with key sessions as follows: Long easy runs of 2 hours 24 x 800m interval runs 1 min recovery Local club 10 mile TT With extended pre and post ride Open 25 mile TT With extended tempo pre and post rides (56:33 TT 25 mile) Split bike commutes extended at 2 hours each way for 4 hour total Brize Sprint Tri Long continuous swims Faster swim sets All in, a very decent period of training. I was particularly pleased with the TT effort at 56:33. I probably sacrificed a potential PB by extending the session pre and post race. But the 70+ me total session with that effort in the middle was most beneficial for Ironman training. My good buddy Mat Stephenson absolutely nailed the TT for a PB of 54:24. An awesome ride and very pleasing after his bad crash in the winter - very well done mate. I have Cosford Sprint Tri on 28 May. I am thinking of making this into another big session by riding to the event, racing and ride back. This would be a big session and I don't want to over cook it. I'll have a think and check the route. I have been testing nutrition also. I am favouring the 9Bar range I have been fortunate to be accepted as a 9Bar taster. This means I get some samples to try and provide feed back on the tasty snacks. The breakfast range is lovely and well worth a try. Only 2 weeks now until the Grafman National Middle Distance Champs. Really looking forward to racing this event. It will be the first time that I will see what my form is like over a longer event.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

A very good resource for everybody that wants to read a good blog.Your blog was absolutely fantastic! Great deal of great information and this can be useful some or maybe the other way. Keep updating your blog, anticipating to get more detailed contents

triathlon events 2014

Sags said...

Hey thanks for tuning in 8-) plenty more updates to come. Some big races looming.