Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 25 September 2013

RAF Cranwell Sprint Champs

The race is done and I am 1 week into total rehab - no training whatsoever. The race did not go too well. However, I finished 5th overall, which was surprising seeing as I completed an extra 50m in the swim and crawled round the run. The result was probably all due to a decent bike split of 36:51 for 3rd fastest of the day. The run was actually 8th fastest of the day but I certainly was not firing as I know I can - or could! The really good thing about the day was my buddy Si Evans completed his first triathlon. At 16 stone, he is built for power! But he had no expectations and after a couple of swim sessions to try and train to complete the 400m swim, he had managed 12:05 in training. On race day he did it in a fantastic 9:30! I reckon he will do more triathlons. So now it is time for rehab and more rehab. I need to start training for The Outlaw on 1 December! I need to be healthy and build up slowly to get in shape for 27 July 14 - looking forward to it!

No comments: