Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Saturday 14 September 2013

Let`s Do Rehab - Again

I have had the results from my scan. The prognosis is good and bad. Good in that a problem was found; bad in that recovery may take while.However, I have time - I just need to be sensible! I have upper hamstring tendinopithy. There are specific exercises to combat this condition. I had already been doin some of these. But I had also been doing some exercises that aggravate the condition. Basically, fast running is not good - anything that stretches the hamstring over the pelvis insert is bad. Cycling can aggravate the c condition because of the position you lock into. So what is good? Strengthening the hammy is a must; but it must be done in a prone position. My plan is to complete Cranwell Sprint Tri on Wed 18th Sep. I will not race this! We have a team of 4 from Stafford (TSW), which is great because we only have 200 people on the Wing. So it's a social race then rest up and rehab. When I say rest up, I mean tick over. Doc recommended maintaining some form of exercise to keep blood flow and strengthen the hammy. Watch this space - I 'll be back!

No comments: