Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 8 February 2012

Perspective

Just opened up the latest issue of triathlon Plus. If I ever moan about an injury again, someone remind me of a guy called Ken Owen that I have just read about. This guy suffered a detached hamstring and cruciate ligament rupture in a water ski accident. He has now completed his first duathlon - amazing. We can all get self obsessed with our racing and training; and that can be good to help us strive for better performances. But a healthy dose of humility and perspective is also needed! Let's be thankful for being able to simply do what we enjoy. Speed and race results will follow. Being grounded is good for us all to ensure longevity within our sport. I have a long term goal to achieve a medal in a World Age Group Championship but my first priority is to enjoy my sport and help others.

Off to race in the Lincs Services Cross Country League - enjoyment first!

No comments: