Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Saturday 18 February 2012

Painful Week

Despite completing a decent week of training,there has been a belly full of pain to put up with - some just fatigue and some that should not really be there! I cannot complain about this pain (see last post!) But maybe I can merely describe the niggling foot/lower leg injury and the kinda weird lump on the bottom of my foot? Ok; maybe not! It all gets very boring!

So what training have I been up to? Well, I raced around avery snowy/icy RAF Wittering cross country and finished 7th. I felt like I ran ok but the foot problem held me back on the uneven ground. Mike Taylor (RAF Triathlete) ran well and Daz Sharpe carried on with his great run form. I did a run track session on Tursday with Dave Connell and Super Fast Paul - he's called that because he's super fast . . . Yes he really is! We did 8 x 600 with 200m jog. I really do like track running but I need to accept that I am slow! Well, slower than I would like to be or think I am capable of! So finishing off with reps of 1:54 and 1:55 will have to do. Reckon I can get these closer to 1:50 come summer time . . . Oh yes, I forgot; I won't be within 800 miles of a running track come summer. 8-(

I also completed a couple of decent turbo sessions; one of them had a 5 mile lumpy run at 6:30 mile pace off the bike. Yesterday I ran 10 miles, which is a long run for me. It was a painful run due to that lump under my foot! Anyway, it will be an easy week next week as I have a few deployment training days. Then the Inter Services cross country at Blandford.

I feel like there is some run form just dying to get out and burst through! The next Lincs League cross country event on 29 Feb at Coningsby could be the place to unleash it!!

No comments: