Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Friday 3 February 2012

I am a Rehabist!

See that swollen foot below? The last 2 weeks has been spent managing this very frustrating injury! This has been difficult as I am trying to focus on running at the moment – though I am obviously not doing so well, especially when compared to the pocket rocket that is Frank Whittle!

Anyway, I am stumbling between made up training sessions thought out 5 mins before I complete them – nothing new really! I managed to race at the Lincs Services league Cross Country race at Digby last week but I felt grotty and I was rather tentative through a section of the course that went through a quarry. I was happy enough to finish in 9th place. I was light years behind fast man Daz Sharpe, who had a very good run. Mike Taylor is coming into shape also and he should improve a lot this year in triathlon – if he stays healthy! He always seems bandaged up for one reason or another!


This week it was the RAF Cross Country Champs at RAF Halton. Although the foot injury was still bugging me, it did not affect my pace. I actually felt like I ran ok. However, I just cannot compete with the frantic pace these ‘real’ runners move at! I finished 22nd and was happy enough with that. I am now travelling reserve for the RAF Vets Team which will compete at the Inter-Services Cross Country Champs to be held at Blandford Camp on 22 Feb 12. If I get to run I will surely be the last man on the course!!

All I need to do is keep this injury at bay! Trouble is, it hurts to bike also, which is not so good! I suffered through a decent turbo session yesterday and the bike fitness is ok really. I am also doing plenty of rehab work to strengthen my left leg. The injury is caused by an imbalance caused by all the rehab work I have done on my right leg to sort the Achilles problem out since 2009! Training is gradually moving from sport specific to rehab! Soon I will be a part time triathlete/part time rehabist!

2 comments:

Mark "Frank" Whittle said...

If you're the last man to finish, then that's one serious level of competition!

Daz Sharpe said...

Well done on your selection mate :-)