Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Sunday 7 August 2011

Time to Ease Up

Just under 3 weeks to go until IM race! Today was IM Regensburg in Germany. There were 3 RAF guys racing, as far as I know: James Organ, David Meer and Brian Hagan. Ironman Live makes for interesting reading! James clocked 10:00:44 – he will be happy and frustrated, I reckon. That is a great performance but I suspect he wanted sub 10 hours! He had a great swim ove a smidgin over 1 hour. Bike 5:23:59 and a run of 3:30:00. Fantastic splits! Not sure on the finishes of Dave or Brian but they look to be close to finishing. All the best to them all.

I did my last brick session today as 62 mile bike as 3 x 19 mile perceived race pace with spinning and bottle change inbetween. It was very windy but I was well over 20mph average for each 19 miles. I ran for an hour off the bike at perceived IM run effort and averaged around 7:40 min per mile. This is good but my shin started to hurt at 6 miles. I guess it is now more rest, ice and shorter runs up to the race.
My nutrition plan is working well and I have equipment stowage nailed.
I will take a cool pump from genuine innovations – second wind micro pump. This doubles as a CO2 pump and hand pump. This is cool as it fits a disk wheel without the need for an adaptor.

The big question is, do I race at Cambridge Triathlon next week? I like this standard distance race and I could do it for fun, with no expectation. I will probably make a decision on Friday after I get some treatment o the shin and see what the weather forecast is for the race day! The rest of the week is easy but I do plan on a 3k easy swim at some point.

Happy swim bike run 8-)

No comments: