Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Sunday 30 May 2010

So Busy

Not sure where 2010 has gone so far. With so many moves I just feel so disorganised. And another result of these moves is my internet and phone connections has been lousy at best. Hence the rather infrequent posts on here. Right now I am posting using my Pam Pre. It' a cool gadget but you need fingers the width of match sticks to work the qwerty keyboard.

Anyway, a quick update. I raced Brize Norton Sprint Tri last Wed. I say raced but I jogged round the run to save my legs for the Beaver middle distance tri the following Saturday. Andy Fisher won looking very fit. He really was streets ahead of the rest. Some good results from youngsters coming through, which is nice to see. And great to see Brad Goggin racing so weel for 2nd place. I bagged 4th and was happy enoigh. But the day was hit by tragedy as our President sadly died as he was finishing the run. There have neen many testimonials for Sir Christopher Moran and I will say no more than I was very affected by the incident because I stopped and asked if he was ok when I saw him sitting on a bench with his head in his hands.

Saturday was The Beaver midde distance tri. Having not completed a triathlon since 200c due to my achilles injury, I have now completed 2 in a single week! The Beaver was the toughest race I have done. This is mostly due to the very hilly run. However, the wet weather did not help. The bike couse was 4 laps and had some silly fast parts and a nasty climb that had me usingmy 23 sprocket and 39 chain ring for the first time ever on this bike. I managed to win my age group and am happy about that. Jase went very well and was only 20 sec behind me, despite just testing his Ironman nutrition. Andy fisher won the entire race and was simply scary on the run.



I camped the night before the race

3 comments:

Turbo Man said...

/\ /\ /\
Reg been on the 'sauce' again?

Nice to hear you're back racing so well buddy. Can't say the same for your spelling on the new gadget though!

All the best

Mark "Frank" Whittle said...

You're still my inspiration! :-)

Sags said...

i know! Going back in to edit posts is very difficult. Until full internet is resumed i wil justhave to do my best.

what's with this chinese rubbish! I never do anything with it in case its a virus invit!