Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 16 December 2009

Morale-O-Meter


I really feel like a whinging old Victor Meldrew. Yes, with so much going wrong in so many different aspects of my life, I feel the need to detach this Blog from my incessant whining. Well it is supposed to be a training Blog. So, I am going to try and place a morale-a-meter in the permanent info on the right. That way, people can actually read the content of the Blog without falling asleep – you may still fall asleep, but it won’t be due to to my complaining about every single occurrence!

Training has been interrupted further lately. . . this is fact; not complaining! The family have all had tummy bugs. Very bad, nasty tummy bugs. I am back training now but my glute/hamstring problem remains (more fact. Notice the lack of frustration and emotion?).

To combat the lingering injury, I have a new strategy – ignore it. I havn’t tried that approach and it sounds logical to me. Of course I fully understand that everyone else may not see this logic!

Anyway, I hit the turbo early this morning. It had not done anything to me but I hit it anyway. After an hour and 15 mins I climbed off, steaming nicely as it was Baltic outside. I was in the garage with the door open and the frosty scene outside was quite festive. See, I am not Victor Meldrew! I am getting all festive! I am going for a run this evening, building on the 20 mins I did on Monday. So, pain in the bum or not, 25 mins is the target. . . . and I’m done with messing around jogging gently!

Happy festive season bloggers.

2 comments:

Turbo Man said...

You just know you're not going to get any support for that. But good luck and hope you get sorted soon.

Mark "Frank" Whittle said...

Ignore it? No support from me on that one dude.