Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Friday 5 September 2008

Back to British Weather

There is no doubt that I am suffering from post-holiday blues! The weather in blighty is pants! Add to that returning to work, the deluge of race pics available from the World Champs in Holland that depicts the fantastic weather that we had and no more races lined up, then the daily grind seems gloomy indeed! Still, I suppose that just goes to show what a great time I had in Holland. The whole GB representation was so cool that I would really like to do it again! Next year the World Long Course Champs will be held over O2 distance. That distance is possibly best suited to my abilities. Add to that the fact that I will be moving up an age group, then there is an outside chance.....an aspiration.....a possibility if I can improve my swim.....maybe.... of a shot at a World Championship medal! The problem is that the event will be held in Perth Australia 8-( Funding such a venture is all but impossible

I am super eager to commence my winter training experiment; however, I need to avoid burn-out! I swam yesterday, nice and easy, and I cycled an easy hour on my single speed today....in the pouring rain - a real contrast to the sunny 28 degrees when I last rode my bike!!

It is the Inter-Services Long Course Champs on Sat. The weather forecast is really bad. best wishes to all the brave chaps (c'mon Turbo man!!) and chapesses competing at Rutland Water. I am recovering well and could probably race.............but I won't!!

No comments: