Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Friday 29 March 2024

Another Blog Catch-up!

 Yes, another blog void because of the vlog focus. It makes it difficult to keep this narrative historical blog going but I must maintain this record to give me a different medium to look back on. 

So since December then! I’m probably better starting from now and recollecting backwards. My first goal of 2024 was always the British Duathlon Champs At Oulton Park on 24 Mar 24. That was last weekend! I’ll keep it brief as there is a vlog on YouTube. 

I’d hope for. Podium or even a win. Result: 4th. Doh🤨. I had the fastest runs in my cat but my bike (in my eyes) let me down. My first run of 8.6 k was 32:05 at 3:46 pace. Bike 1:06:05. Second run 16:28 at 3:58 pace. I was 18 seconds off 2nd place. But reflecting, I couldn’t have gone quicker anywhere. I really pushed to the limit. Worryingly, I seem to have picked up some foot arch problems over the last few weeks. I’m managing this but the morning of the race my right arch really took my race focus away as I didn’t think I’d even make the start line. Anyway, a few pics to remember the race day. 

















No comments: