Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Saturday 29 October 2022

Nike Alphaflys - Mega Run Shoes


 A while back I bagged the Nike Tempo Next % from the Nike Outlet store at a deal price of £80. Expensive for sure but actually a decent price for these shoes considered to be the training version of the Nike Alphafly Next%. My runs in the Tempo version have shown that these are on another level when it comes to carbon plated bounce energy return in run shoes. But the race version Alphafly are lighter and supposedly even more energy return. So I found a deal and the pic above shows my new super shoes. And they do really feel incredibly bouncy. I’ve ran a couple of times in these; some strides with easy before and after. It is so easy to run at 4:30 per k pace. I’m quite excited to see how much faster I run with these shoes. Of course, it will be difficult to gauge if I’m actually running faster but I have no doubt that there will be an advantage wearing these shoes. 

On the subject of new kit, wiggle had a flash DHB sale and this aero lid was a real bargain at £30. It is very comfy and accommodates sunnies better than any other helmet I have. 



Another training month ends as November approaches. It’s still really mild and I managed another outdoor ride. But the main focus remains strength and I have taken the plunge to join the local gym to take the strength work to the next level. The JD Gym is great and the first session yesterday proved what massive potential there is to increase my strength. Compound exercises like squats and deadlifts are now possible. Excited for the race season in 2023. 



No comments: