Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Sunday 17 July 2022

New Race Goal - Can I save the Season?

 Hello the masses of people who read this old fashioned Blog . . . .Oh, wait. . . .

After catching COVID late May, I am only just returing to normal. A decent weekend's training last week confirmed that I may be able to salvage the season, which was based on a main goal of a middle distance duathlon to quailfy for the 2023 European AG Champs. I have found the last qualifying event at Bedford, Box End middle distance duathlon on 4 Sep 22 - just after my 58th birthday.


I have just completed 3 days' specific training to test the fitness, with the aim of making the decision to enter Box End - I have entered! Feeling motivated again. I completed my first more intense turbo set on Friday (plus some run drill sets in the morning), a long slow run on Saturday and finally 65k TT bike followed by an easy 15 min run. FOr me, that is quite a tough 3 days. Also, the week prior was quite tough, hitting 40k+ running for the week.


Rocking the Riyadh Triathletes run gear for a long easy run




No comments: