Today is 16 Oct 22. Time to review the purpose of this Blog - again! It is 2 years since the last review. 🤕 2022 was shaping up well and I was on track for a decent middle distance Duathlon race. Then COVID hit me! I tried to salvage the race season but never felt strong or healthy. Looking to 2023 now and focussing on being healthy and some sprint Duathlon racing mixed with some bike TT fun on the Canyon CF






Powered By Blogger

Friday 11 September 2020

Racing Fix. . . . . .Zwift




 With the pesky injury not any better, even after a few days total rest, I returned to some bike events that gave me my fix for racing. I completed a nice outdoor (IRL!) ride on the single speed bike, spending a decent amount of time in the TT position. I felt strong and I am sure that the consistent Zwift training has really put me at another level on the bike.



Yesterday, I raced on Zwift in the GCN vs GTN event. This was held on the Road to Ruins course, which is not my favourite as it takes you round the Jungle Loop. The race was still enjoyable and the added value of racing withe GCN/GTN presenters was enticing. However, as no GCN presenters seemed to be there, this was disappointing. But the race itself was really intense. I pushed to the absolute limit, especially at the start. Pushing 5W/Kg is way too hard for my old legs but it was full commitment or bust!

I held tough in the front group for around 8 mins. But once the incline kicked in on the Epic KOM the bunch split and was instantly strung out. I ended up in a decent group of 10 riders and we stayed together pretty much all the way to the last 2k. I got detached from this group and remained a ta


Tantalising 2 sec behind, unable to connect - doh. I finished 19th, 'Only' 3 mins behind Phil Graves - 

happy with that result.

Legs pretty shot now and I was near to barfing in this race - good effort then!

  


No comments: